Friday 11 May 2018

EARLY SUMMER WARDROBE ADDITIONS


Finally the weather has picked up and we've had some long-overdue brilliant sunshine!  So with summer holidays and sunny days looming, I have done a little seasonal shopping ready for summer (and I hasten to add, I have actually sold quite a few previously-loved items on eBay to make some room!)


I absolutely love this Galerie Saint Gil white jacket which I bought on a recent trip to New York.  The shop was opposite our hotel on the corner of E50th Street and Lexington Avenue, and I had told my daughter every day I wanted to pop in and look round, and literally the car was waiting at the hotel entrance when I finally went in and saw this fab jacket. They had some gorgeous clothes but sadly I didn't have time for a proper look - probably just as well because it saved me maxing my credit card!

Although unlined, it is extremely stylish, with an asymmetric front, dipped hem, feature sleeves and contrasting button.


I was also delighted to see that it had been drastically reduced - originally retailing at more than $800 though to be honest I don't think it was worth that since it is unlined. However, I love the style and have teamed it with smart black trousers from Marks & Spencer for a mono look.  If I wear it for a day out I would probably add a bright scarf and matching handbag to give a pop of colour and lighten up the mono palette.



For this photoshoot, I am wearing my studded Office boots - unfortunately bought a couple of years ago, and accessorised with large gold-tone earrings and watch from Olivia Burton (bought on the flight home!)





The summer top (below) looks yellow in the photo, but is more of an acidyellow/lime green with a gold sequin feature neckline from Julien Macdonald at Debenhams.  I like the double layer - a fitted bodice with a chiffon overlay as the latter covers up any lumps and bumps - of which I have many! It is currently in the sale reduced to £31.20, but only available in a size 8.


This is one outfit which will definitely be going to Greece with me for two visits this summer.  I have teamed with white jeans, but often take white leggings with me on holiday as they are lighter when the weather is scorching.

The dainty butterfly earrings are perfect for summer, but I have had them for so long I can't remember where they came from.





This pink outfit is a bit of a bargain basement buy!  The top was from an eBay trader, so brand new, and would probably be good for travelling since I often find planes quite chilly. The top is an asymmetric design in cotton and silk.

I have teamed with pink jeggings from George at Asda - a bargain at £12.50 since they are quite thick, and the pink suede boots were from Primark last winter.




The pink pearl and diamante earrings are from my favourite shop - Simply Devine - while the pink ring is another item in my jewellery box which has been there for years.


I should add that since we took the photographs, I have cleaned out the dead plants from the pots and the azalias are now in bloom and are stunning!
SHARE:

2 comments

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig