Friday 22 September 2017

TRANSITIONAL DRESSING - DUSTER COATS



As the weather turns a little chillier, it's time to dig out those jackets and light coats again as we move to a transition wardrobe.

Anne C here, and I have a staple Autumn/Winter style - usually black trousers (of varying styles), black top, black patent wedge shoes, and a colourful jacket or coat.

The red long jacket was a budget buy from Primark.  I love bright colours, and next to pink, red is my next favourite.  Clearly this probably won't stand the test of time, but I think this would work well with a dress too, so I think I will get my money's worth from the £18 I spent!


I have teamed it with skinny  black jeggings, and a beautiful black lace top which I bought from Kaleidoscope probably 15 years ago, but they currently have a similar one here.  It was quite expensive at the time, but has washed and worn and been a staple and favourite in my wardrobe for many years.  I also have the same top in cream.

The shaped hoop earrings are nearly as old as the top and I can't even remember where I bought them!


Anne H's taupe waterfall duster coat was purchased from Zara last year and she particularly liked the length and flow of the material although having had it for a year now she does find it creases rather easily, it must be the 14% linen content because the rest is Lyocell (whatever that is!).  There are lot of this style of coat available on the high street and on-line including from ASOS as here  and Zalando here 

She has teamed it flared 7 for All Mankind jeans which they sadly don't seem to stock anymore.  Her top and necklace are from her favourite of all shops - COS.  COS are renowned for their simple architectural styling and they have some fabulous pieces available at the moment that have taken Anne's eye including this and this and they are only £19 a real bargain.
Her chunky bangle was a gift and shoes were purchased from Dune and are the Jany block heel buckle design, still available in the sale here for £55. 

Back to Anne C who has just swapped the coat, and kept the same basic outfit as before. This voluminous stone-coloured linen coat was bought on holiday this year in Thassos, and has already become a firm favourite.

With a drawstring hem (though I won't use that) and asymmetric styling, it is currently still on trend and perfect for covering up.  Linen is notorious for creasing, though, and I made the mistake of wearing it on the plant on the way home from Greece.  BIG mistake!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig